Did you know: The average UK household spends £680 a year on food that ends up in the bin. This leads to a massive 7.2 tonnes of extra waste every year.
If you want to make a change try our favourite ways to save food and money using your freezer:
- Freeze leftovers, simply portion, cool, label and pop in your freezer.
- If you’re not going to have time to eat your meat put it in the freezer before the use by date and use within 24 hours of defrosting.
- Did you know pasta sauces and pesto can be frozen? Only cook what you need and freeze leftover sauces for another meal.
- You can freeze leftover rice if you make too much. This handy video from Love Food Hate Waste tells you how.
- Wrap food carefully or store it in air-tight containers to avoid freezer burn.
- If you like fresh herbs try chopping them, popping them in an ice-cube tray and adding a little water, perfect every time!